Nisha and Anirudh - Part II

They arrived in Switzerland early morning and went straight to be, due to the time difference, they suffered from a jet lag.

Later in the day when they woke up, they had a good brunch and went on a sight seeing spree. They spent a week there and had to return back to home base.

Back home in Shimla was a new beginning for them both. Ani had bought a beautiful house and had it all ready for his lady love. Two months passed by quicker than ever and Ani had to go back to his work. Nisha was not happy as she would have to be alone, but Ani promised to take her too once he went there.

That week was very busy one a lot of guest and relatives came for dinners, lunch etc as Ani was leaving and also to welcome the new couple. Nisha used to get very tired by the end of the day and would fall of a sleep lie a little baby. The next day early morning was his flight. Nisha was not a mood and did not feel like talking to anybody. Ani tried to console her and tell her that he promised to take her once he got there.

Since there was no direct flight from Shimla, Ani had to fly to Delhi and then to Bahrain. Nisha cried a lot at the airport, it was a sad sight to see. Nisha mom and sister and her in laws too had come to the airport. All were sad that Ani had to go back.

Back home Nisha just wanted to be alone, so she went back to an empty house and did not know what to do as she was really lonely and missing Ani very much. She turned the TV on and saw what she did not want to see. All flights to the Gulf country were delayed by a day, so which means that Ani would be stuck in Delhi for another day or two depending on the weather. She was hoping that she had at least gone with Ani to Delhi. Just then the phone rang. Nisha ran to the phone “of course it was none other than her Ani. He called to her that he was already missing her and that he would be staying in a hotel until he received information from the airport. They must have spoken for an hour. Ani told her that he would call her back once he checked in the hotel.

Nisha waited by the phone like a little girl waiting for her dad’s call. Nisha left the TV on to get the latest news. She must have been so tired that she fell asleep on the couch for when she woke up it was about 10:30pm, she woke up with a start, she was wondering if the phone had rang and if she had missed her Ani’s call. She was all confused. She went to the kitchen as she got a bit hungry, made herself a sandwich and glass of orange juice. She was getting impatient as they were no news from Ani, she did not know where he was staying or any number to contact him.

Nisha could not concentrate on anything, she did not want to call her in-laws too as it was too late. She changed the channel to a movie and sat watching the movie with no interest in it. By the time the movie got over it was way past midnight. Nisha was not sleepy as she seemed to have slept though the whole day. She got up and had a glass of water, and then went back to her bed hoping to catch a few winks before the morning came. She looked at the clock by her bedside, which said it was about 4 am in the morning. She dozed off to sleep only to be woken up to the ringing of the telephone. Nisha almost tripped and fell as she ran to the phone. She picked up the received and heard a hello on the line but could not recognize the voice, her hello in a sleepy voice. The voice on the other line asked if she was Nisha she said yes and asked who was speaking, she then said that she was calling from Bahrain and that she was the operator.
In a minute Ani came online to her delight. He was worried and asked her where she had been the previous night; she then realized that she had missed his call. She apologized and told me that she was watching TV and fell of to sleep and only woke up late night. He told her that he had to board the flight midnight and so now was calling her from his office in Bahrain. He told her that he too was missing her but that it would take a month to do all the paper work to bring her to Bahrain.

They would chat everyday on the phone and on the net. Then one day all a sudden she got a call from Ani telling her to get packed that she had to come to Bahrain. She was so delighted and happy. Nisha was to travel the next week, so she was busy preparing for her trip to the Gulf. One morning as usual she woke and felt nausea, she did not know what it was but was feeling very sick. She called her mom and her mom came to see her immediately. She told her mom that she had vomited and was getting giddy spells, for which her mother smiled and said to her that she was going to be a mother. , she told her that she was pregnant and that she had to see the doctor before she left for Bahrain. Nisha’ mother made an appointment with the family gynecologists. Nisha went to see the doctor the doctor took some tests and then told Nisha that she was on the way to motherhood but that she could not travel now and had to take bed rest.

Nisha was sad and happy too at the same time. She called up Ani to give him the good and the bad news. Ani told her to go and stay with his parents so that she could get help when needed. Ani was very excited that he was going to be a father, he told Nisha that not to worry and that he would take her as soon as the doctors tell her that she was fit for travel.

Two months passed by Nisha was getting bigger, but she needed a lot of rest, as her womb was very delicate and if she moved too much or carried anything heavy she would loose the baby. Since Nisha needed constant care she decided not to go to the Gulf the baby came.

Everyday Ani would call her and would enquire of her health. She was getting ready for the baby, as a matter of fact the whole house was very happy and excited and were preparing for the arrival of the baby. Her sister Anamica who was married before her had twins and she had comet o spend time with her mother. He mother was very excited as another baby was going to come. Nisha’s younger sister Rhea, was engaged and was to get married the following year.

One day early in the morning Nisha woke up with severe pains, the doctor was called for and she was rushed into emergency. Everyone was worried as it was not yet time for the baby to come, there was still a month to go. All were praying for her and the baby’s health. Ani too was informed and he too was worried. The doctors came out of the room and told her mother and in-laws that she was already getting labour pains and was taken into the Operation Theatre, after half an hour they could hear the cry of a little baby all were delighted to hear the little cry from the baby. Just then the doctor came out with the little baby in his arms and gave it to Nisha mother. It was a little boy. The doctor told them that Nisha is too exhausted and is resting, they had sedated her. The little was boy was then taken back to his little crib and kept under observation.

Ani was very happy to hear the good news but was waiting to talk to Nisha. After a couple of hours Nisha woke up, and looked around her and saw a little crib next to her, she tried to get up but could not move as she was keep on drips, she called for the nurse and they came to her immediately and showed her , the little boy. Nisha was so excited and asked if any of her family members were around. He mother was with her waiting in the waiting hall, the nurse called for her mother. A soon as she saw her mother the first thing she asked if Ani had been informed her mother said yes and that he had called a couple of times, but since she was sleeping they did not want to disturb her.

It was the evening of the ext day, she had many visitors besides her family members who had come to see her and the little boy. Nisha was to be discharged the next day. The next day was a big day Nisha held her son in her arms and was about to leave the hospital when she got a call saying that her sister Rhea had met with a tragic accident and was admitted in the same hospital but in a different ward.

Nisha was not allowed to see her, but her mother and other sister told her that Rhea was in intensive care and they pray that she comes out of danger. Nisha went home a little sad but happy as she had her son with her.

A lovely crib was set for the baby. Weeks passed and Rhea was still in ICU, she was hit by a car and had fractured ribs and hands.

The baby was turning a month and it was time for the naming ceremony, that day was set by the Hindu priest. Everyone was busy preparing for the day when she got a call from the hospital that Rhea was not out of danger and was transferred from ICU to the normal wards. She was very happy. And so was everyone at home. All were worried as Rhea was due to get married early next year.

Guests started arriving and to her big surprise a taxi pulled up at the entrance and she was so excited as it was Ani he gave her a surprise visit. All were so excited and there was so much of noise and commotion. Ani was thrilled to see his little boy. They name him Sagar. Sagar was the apple of everyone eyes especially his dad. The biggest surprise that Ani had given was that he had left his job in the Gulf and that he was starting his own business here in Shimla. The next day Ani, Nisha and little Sagar went to see Rhea who still in hospital and was recovering well. Rhea was delighted to see her nephew.

Sagar was now four months old toddler and kept Nisha and everyone very busy with his gurgles and cute smiles. Rhea was discharged from the hospital. She looked different as she had undergone many operations and had to walk with crutches for a month until she gained strength.

Ani was very busy with his business that he had set up in Shimla. He was doing very well. Everyday when he came home he would take little Sagar out for drive and Sagar would get excited to see all the lights on the streets, he was getting bigger and bigger.
His first birthday was coming very soon. Ani planned a big party for his son’s first birthday.

A day after Sagar’s birthday little Sagar was looking at a Photo Album, he was thrilled to see all his birthday pictures. Then he came upon a picture of a little boy and girl which caught his eyes. He asked his mum who they were – she smiled and him and told him that it was his dad and her when they were small.

Time went by now Sagar a little lad all set to go to school. Nisha also decided to take up a job and Anirudh was busy with his business, it had grown in twofold ever since it began.


Popular posts from this blog

The Desert Life

Am I dying in his Silence

I write